- The timing-related pretax earnings impact of specifically identified sales coming from firm order backlog that were pushed out of 2012 into 2013 was $5 million. This amount represents contractually committed projects with firm purchase orders in backlog in which the related sales were moved out of 2012 because certain customers temporarily delayed acceptance, or because the Company was not in a position to deliver the related items prior to September 30. The sales and earnings impact related to these customers will be recognized in 2013 when the products and services are delivered.
- Approximately $2.5 million of specifically identified costs incurred during the fourth quarter of 2012 which were not anticipated in the earnings plan previously communicated. Of this amount, approximately $1.3 million related to additional spending to support the successful launch of the SoCalGas AMI project. The remainder resulted from unanticipated spending related to: additional costs incurred to support a significant water customer's AMI deployment; design rework on a new product currently being launched; higher-than-expected freight costs on deliveries to international customers; and unplanned legal costs related to a patent dispute. These specific costs are not expected to be repeated in 2013.
- Aclara had anticipated that certain small, municipal water customers would place orders and take delivery of standard AMI products during the fourth quarter of 2012. The actual amount of revenue realized from these was lower than planned, resulting in a $1.2 million earnings shortfall.
ESCO Announces 2012 Earnings Update, Test Segment Restructuring, And 2013 Preliminary Outlook
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts