James River Coal
James River Coal (JRCC) is engaged in processing and selling of thermal and metallurgical coal through eight active mining complexes located throughout eastern Kentucky, southern West Virginia and southern Indiana. This stock is trading up 6.8% to $3.27 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.05-$3.3352-Week Range: $1.68-$11.52 Volume: 1.3 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.55 million >>5 Stocks Poised to Pop on Bullish Earnings From a technical perspective, JRCC is bouncing to the upside here right off some near-term support at $3 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing JRCC within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once JRCC manages to clear some near-term overhead resistance at $3.56 to $3.85, and then its 200-day at $4.22 and more past resistance at $4.35 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in JRCC once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 1.55 million shares. If that breakout hits soon, then JRCC will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $5 to $6.25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV