Alpha Natural Resources
Alpha Natural Resources (ANR) is a supplier and exporter of metallurgical coal for use in the steel-making process and a supplier of thermal coal to electric utilities and manufacturing industries across the country. This stock is trading up 5.6% to $7.16 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $6.85-$7.2452-Week Range: $5.28-$29.29 Volume: 13.4 million Three-Month Average Volume: 20.4 million >>5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar From a technical perspective, ANR is trending higher here back above its 50-day at $6.80 with lighter volume. This move has also started to push ANR into breakout territory, since the stock has started to trend above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $7.03 to $7.13. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ANR as long as it's trending above its 50-day and those breakout levels with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 20.4 million shares as bullish. If ANR can maintain that trend, then this stock has a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $9.05 to $9.74.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV