Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of orally administered, small molecule drugs known as pharmacological chaperones for treating a range of diseases, including lysosomal storage diseases and diseases of neurodegeneration. This stock is trading up 9.6% to $5.67 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.45-$6.1552-Week Range: $2.10-$7.29 Volume: 1.3 million Three-Month Average Volume: 241,632 >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, FOLD is gapping up sharply here back above its 50-day and 200-day moving averages with heavy volume. This move has briefly pushed FOLD into breakout territory, since the stock has flirted with some near-term overhead resistance at $5.74. At last check, FOLD has hit an intraday high of $6.15 but it has subsequently pulled back to around $5.60. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in FOLD as long as its trending above $5.74 to today's high of $6.15 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 241,632 shares as bullish. If FOLD can maintain that trend, then look for this stock to re-test or possibly take out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $6.89 to $7.29, and possibly $8 to $8.12 in the near future. Amicus was included in a list of 22 Biopharma Stocks With Breakout Potential in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV