Austerity Insanity: Opinion
There are two massive sources of unproductive spending across all Western economies: interest payments to the Bond Parasite, and corporate subsidies. The solution to the "problem" of the Bond Parasites -- sucking back more than 20% of every revenue dollar across the West -- is simple, and has been discussed by many, beginning with Steve Keen: Debt Jubilee.
The other necessary step is to eliminate all corporate subsidies, more than 90% of which (by dollar amount) go directly into the pockets of multinational oligopolies. Here is where the utter ignorance of the economics profession is completely exposed.
For more than 40 years we have seen a perfect correlation across all Western economies: Subsidies increase for corporations while unemployment gets worse and worse and worse. To understand why this is happening, we must first ask ourselves what these megacorporations do with all their subsidies. The answer is that they buy machines in order to eliminate jobs.
For more than 40 years, our traitor governments (backed by the brain-dead economists) have been subsidizing big business to help it slash jobs. While the real solution to the problem of oligopolies is to
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV