Zillow Rentals is part of the company's initiative to grow its business beyond home listings, and is the result of Zillow's RentJuice acquisition earlier this year. Zillow Rentals lets landlords manage their listings for free, including those who search on Zillow and Yahoo! Homes. Zillow runs Yahoo!'s (YHOO) real estate section.
"Zillow is the most visited real estate website on desktops and on mobile, and also one of the most visited rental sites. We have been aggressively expanding into software tools for real estate professionals in order to become more critical to their workflow and productivity," said CEO Spencer Rascoff in the press release. "The RentJuice acquisition four months ago laid the foundation for this expansion in rentals, and today's announcement brings us one step closer toward our vision of rewiring the rental industry."
Shares of Zillow have performed strongly this year, gaining 67.4% year-to-date.Interested in more on Zillow? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV