NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Three crucial debates remain for the 2012 election season as incumbent President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden attempt to deny Republican nominee Mitt Romney and running mate Paul Ryan the White House.
Obama and Romney squared off for the first debate last Wednesday at the University of Denver and numerous critics conceded victory to the former Massachusetts governor. Many pundits and analysts said Romney needed a sterling performance though just to remain in contention.
The presidential contenders take a break this week before Biden and Ryan meet this coming Thursday at Centre College in Danville, Ky. ABC News correspondent Martha Raddatz will serve as moderator.
Obama and Romney return on Oct. 16 for a town hall format debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y. CNN correspondent Candy Crowley will moderate.The president and GOP nominee clash for their third and final contest on Oct. 22 at Lynn University in Boca Raton, Fla. CBS News correspondent Bob Schieffer will moderate. All debates are scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. ET and are to last 90 minutes. The national debate sponsors include Anheuser-Busch, a subsidiary of InBev (BUD), Southwest Airlines (LUV), law firm Crowell & Moring, Sheldon S. Cohen, The Howard G. Buffett Foundation, International Bottled Water Association, and The Kolver Fund. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV