NEWPORT NEWS, Va., Oct. 9, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE:HII) was recognized today by the Virginia Department of Veterans Services for its efforts to hire and retain veterans. HII President and CEO Mike Petters formally accepted the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) certificate at the V3 Conference in Norfolk. HII was one of nine companies recognized at the conference.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/hii/mediagallery.html?pkgid=15109
"I never underestimate the importance of how having the right workforce is linked directly to our success at HII -- it's our lifeblood," Petters said at the conference. "At Huntington Ingalls Industries, our overarching recruitment strategy is to hire people who want to learn, to grow and be part of something bigger than themselves as individuals. We are looking for men and women who are responsible, trustworthy, focused, disciplined and reliable. These are characteristics you find in veterans."HII employs more than 37,000 people and is the largest employer in Mississippi and Louisiana and the largest industrial employer in Virginia. Veterans make up 15 percent of those workers, or approximately 5,500 people. V3 certification recognizes HII's commitment to recapitalize its workforce through the recruitment, employment and retention of veterans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV