A Frightening End to QE Is Coming; The Only Question Is When: Opinion
By Rory Eakin, COO of
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The macro has dominated the micro in the public markets for more than four years. A return to normal will likely not come without a severe market correction.
In spite of the 14% run-up on the S&P 500 since June 1, capital continues to flow out of the equity markets. It's no wonder why. Since the financial crisis reached its climax in late 2008, companies' fundamentals have become secondary to the activities of central bankers.
As a result, even skilled bottoms-up investors have struggled to generate consistent returns. While rigorous analysis might lead an investor to doubt a particular company's earnings forecast, all bets are off if central bankers continue to pour money into the financial system.On Sept. 13, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke announced a third round of quantitative easing ("QE3"), which comes in the form of an open-ended commitment by the Fed to purchase
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV