ELWOOD, Ind., Oct. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- E.ON Climate & Renewables (EC&R) North America celebrated the Wildcat I Wind Farm today with an onsite ceremony.
The project, located in Tipton and Madison counties, is EC&R's first wind energy project in Indiana. One hundred twelve Vestas 1.8 megawatt turbines provide more than 200 megawatts (MW) of power—enough to generate clean power to more than 60,000 households in the Midwest.+We are honored to be a part of the local community, and we look forward to providing economic support and renewable, homegrown energy for many years to come," said Steve Trenholm, CEO, EC&R North America, at a celebration ceremony today. "Wind farms create jobs, and provide an economic shot in the arm to farmers, ranchers, and rural communities across America."
White Construction is currently leading the assembly of the project, which will be complete by the end of the year.
More than 200 people have been hired during construction and the project will employ approximately 10 permanent positions on the wind farm in Tipton and Madison counties.Under a 20-year Power Purchase agreement, Indiana Michigan Power (I&M), an operating company of American Electric Power (NYSE:AEP), will purchase 100 MW of wind power from the wind farm. EC&R has invested more than $4 billion dollars in the U.S. in the last four years, creating more than 4,000 construction jobs and another 200 permanent jobs to keep its wind farms up and running. Overall, the wind industry has invested more than $60 billion in providing 35 percent of the of all the new generating capacity in the U.S. in the last four years and employs more than 75,000 people, including 30,000 in good American jobs in the manufacturing sector from coast to coast. "We appreciate the support this community has given us helping harvest a new source of clean renewable energy from these corn and bean fields," said Trenholm, during the ceremony.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV