“We’re excited about the opportunity to collaborate with UConn’s talented engineering students and faculty to develop new electrical-protection technologies that will advance the industry,” said Paul Singer, senior executive of engineering at GE’s Industrial Solutions business. “We will benefit from UConn’s strong R&D expertise in electrical contact and insulation materials, magnetic and thermal management and arc-physics modeling. We look forward to bringing new technologies to our customers that will provide high performance, more compact circuit breakers that provide advanced protection.”
A new chapter in the long-term relationship between GE and the university, the new agreement also empowers both institutions to support the activities of the new state-funded UConn Technology Park, which is currently in development in Storrs, Conn. The Connecticut legislature recently allocated $172 million to develop the park’s 125,000-square-foot anchor building for industry partnerships in advanced science and engineering. Together with UConn’s new Eminent Faculty Program, these efforts will nurture activities leading to:
- Innovation with industry, from startups to mid-size and large corporations.
- An interface linking basic research and industrial applications.
- Jobs, new business startups and economic development.
“GE’s strong support will enable us to recruit and retain internationally renowned faculty and talented students to solve challenging problems in collaboration with our industry partners,” said Mun Y. Choi, UConn’s interim provost and executive vice president of academic affairs.
About GEGE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com. Industrial Solutions, a GE heritage business, is leading the future of electrification with advanced technologies that protect and control the distribution of electricity throughout a facility’s infrastructure. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of the electrical infrastructure. Industrial Solutions’ product and service solutions add to GE’s broader portfolio of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management conversion and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV