HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) â¿¿ Specials Metals Corp. has laid off more than 80 workers in Kentucky and West Virginia.
The layoffs affect 74 workers at a plant in Huntington and seven at a plant in Burnaugh, Ky.
Special Metals' parent, Precision Castparts Corp., announced the layoffs Monday.
Precision Castparts spokesman Dwight Weber attributes the decision to adverse market conditions. He tells media outlets that the laid-off workers will be recalled as business improves. They primarily work in production and maintenance.After the layoffs, the Huntington, W.Va. plant will have 542 hourly workers and the Burnaugh, Ky. plant will have 125.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV