EverBank has considerable upside from housing as well given its "large concentration in housing related loans (2x peer average), out-sized mortgage origination business (20% of 2013 revenue or 4x peers), lower housing related credit/workout costs, and potential recoveries on the Bank of Florida marked loans."
In the case of Bank of America, higher legal costs mortgage servicing and workout costs will continue to be a drag on expenses even if credit quality improves. The analysts also continue to see heightened putback risk from both the agencies and private labels. And the stock still trades at a premium to JPMorgan Chase (JPM) and Citigroup.
SunTrust might also continue to be weighed down by continued weakness in Atlanta and extended foreclosure timelines in judicial states such as Florida.--Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV