LONDON, Oct. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- RSA's top two executives kicked off RSA ® Conference Europe 2012 with a joint keynote addressing the outdated models, practices and technologies holding back security organizations from effectively protecting against evolving risks and advanced threats.
- RSA Executive Chairman Art Coviello advocated for a rebalancing of risk priorities and security spending to increase the emphasis on more proactive, intelligence-driven security strategies.
- Coviello attributed current budget allocations, a skills shortage and the "perception versus reality gap" as key challenges holding back security organizations from keeping pace with today's cyber risks and advanced threats.
- RSA President Tom Heiser shared his first-hand experiences working with numerous security leaders and practitioners at organizations worldwide, including examples of those finding success in proactively managing business risk, protecting against advanced threats and meeting compliance mandates.
- Keynote transcripts from both executives can be viewed at the following link: http://www.emc.com/emc-plus/rsa-thought-leadership/art-coviello.htm
In a joint opening keynote at RSA Conference London 2012, the top two executives at RSA ® , The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC), shared ideas and experiences about the critical issues affecting security organizations throughout the world – that outdated strategies, approaches and technologies are holding back security organizations from effectively protecting against rapidly evolving risks and advanced threats.While addressing the crowd, Art Coviello, Executive Vice President for EMC and Executive Chairman of RSA attributed unbalanced security budget allocations, a shortage of skilled talent and the "perception versus reality gap" as key challenges hampering the effectiveness of security organizations. Coviello offered an intelligence-driven security model based on a thorough understanding and reprioritization of business risk that results in risk mitigation strategies that when implemented produce threat-resistant organizations that also meet compliance mandates. This model requires agile controls based on pattern recognition and predictive analysis, and the use of big data analytics to give context to vast streams of data from numerous sources.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV