CAMBRIDGE, Mass. ( TheStreet) -- Deutsche Bank Securities biotech analyst Robyn Karnauskas says Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX - Get Report) needs to come up with good answers to five key questions about its VX-809/Kalydeco cystic fibrosis therapy to boost investor confidence in the program as it moves into a phase III study early next year.
Detailed and final data from the phase II study of VX-809/Kalydeco will be presented Thursday at 11:40 am EDT at the 2012 North American Cystic Fibrosis (NACF) conference.
Here are Karnauskas' five key questions:
1. Was there a dose-response trend with the lower doses of VX-809 (200 mg and 400 mg) not reported in June?Vertex has previously disclosed the 200 mg and 400 mg doses of VX-809 reported statistically significant improvements in lung function compared to placebo although those improvements were lower than what was observed in the highest, 600 mg dose of VX-809 studied in the phase II trial.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts