Regions Financial (RF)
Background: Regions Financial operates as the holding company for Regions Bank, a provider of commercial, retail, and mortgage banking services in the U.S. Founded in 1970, it is headquartered in Birmingham, Ala. Regions trades an average of 18 million shares per day with a market cap of $11 billion.
52-Week High: $7.73Analysts have not reached a consensus. All else being equal, it's often a bearish indication when the majority of analysts don't get behind a stock. Analysts love to push stocks, and no accord is almost the same as a sell rating. Fourteen of 29 analysts are giving a hold rating. The stock is an eye-popping 107% higher than a year ago, and the average analyst target price for Regions is $7.95. The company currently pays 4 cents per share in dividends for a modest yield of 0.53%. Shares are modestly higher from a month ago. After testing the $7 price support for the second time, the chart is increasingly indicating a test of $8 is on the way. A break above $8 may also mean analysts raising their price targets, which may turn into a self-fulfilling prophesy, especially with a stock that has Regions' momentum. The last reported short interest is paltry and without reason to consider it a meaningful influence at only 1.3% of the average trading float. I use Zacks.com, WSJ.com, Tradestation, and Reuters for my data. P/E is generally adjusted P/E based on an average number of shares. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV