Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
Background: Johnson & Johnson, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the research and development, manufacture, and sale of various products in the health care field worldwide. Founded in 1886, it is based in New Brunswick, N.J. Johnson & Johnson trades an average of 10 million shares per day with a market cap of $191 billion.
52-Week High: $69.75 TheStreet'sJim Cramer writes about Johnson & Johnson in The Market's Unheeded Flashing SignalsMore than half the analysts covering Johnson & Johnson rate it as a buy or strong buy. Fifteen of the 26 analysts covering the company give a buy recommendation. Eleven analysts rate it a hold, and none of the analysts recommend selling. The stock increased in value 11% during the last year, and the average analyst target price for Johnson & Johnson is $73.80. This stock currently has an annualized dividend of $2.44, yielding 3.5%. The yield alone almost justifies an allocation of some capital. Not everyone is convinced buying is the correct choice, though. Along with the 11 analysts with hold ratings, short-sellers are taking an interest. With short interest above 5%, investors will want to monitor changes to know whether short-sellers turn up the warning signals. Otherwise, the current 6% of the float short is relatively small and not a major concern. From a technical perspective, the chart on Johnson & Johnson looks interesting. The widely followed moving averages and price action are strongly bullish. Johnson & Johnson shareholders have to be pleased right now. Don't be surprised to see Johnson & Johnson over $70 a share, and within 10 to 15 days.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV