Time Warner (TWX)
Background: Time Warner operates as a media and entertainment company in the U.S. and internationally. It operates in three segments: Networks, film and TV, and publishing. Founded in 1985, it is headquartered in New York. Time Warner trades an average of 7 million shares per day with a market cap of $44 billion.
52-Week High: $46.56Time Warner's average analyst target price is $46.66, a price target that may soon be achieved and exceeded. Time Warner closed within a dime of the 52-week high placed last month during the close of Monday's trading. The 60-day moving average is above the 200-day moving average, which is a bullish indicator for chart technicians. Trend followers seek out this type of consistent bull pattern and will hold a position until a technical break results in a signal to exit. From a valuation outlook, Time Warner isn't selling for a rich premium. The trailing 12 month P/E is 18. The mean fiscal-year estimate P/E is 12.74, based on earnings of $3.20 per share this year. The low P/E leaves plenty of room for Time Warner to continue appreciating. The short interest based on the float is small and not lofty enough to concern me at 3.3%. Bottom line: Expect Time Warner to make a new 52-week high this week or next.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV