Newell Rubbermaid (NWL)
Background: Newell Rubbermaid designs, manufactures, and markets consumer and commercial products worldwide. It offers its products through a portfolio of brands, including Rubbermaid, Sharpie, Graco, Calphalon, Irwin, Lenox, Levolor, Paper Mate, Dymo, Waterman, Parker, Goody, Rubbermaid Commercial Products and Aprica. Founded in 1903, it is headquartered in Atlanta. Newell Rubbermaid trades an average of 2.6 million shares per day with a market cap of $5.66 billion.
52-Week High: $19.74Rubbermaid is once again pressing against the lid of the recently expanded 52-week high. Rubbermaid appears sealed tight with an incredibly high trailing price-to-earnings ratio exceeding 60. Don't let the trailing P/E fool you, though. Sometimes looking at previous financial results is comparable with driving your vehicle using the rearview mirror. Based on analysts' earnings projections, the P/E is receding down to a 10, a premium convincingly within conservative acquisition metrics. Rubbermaid pays a reasonably attractive 2.1% dividend yield based on 40 cents a share per year. The forward payout ratio is less than 30% based on current year estimates. Anything under 50% is considered reasonably safe absent an underlying concern. I like the chart pattern. The chart shows a stock in a bullish pattern and one that is breaking out with durability. After the recent retracement, Rubbermaid's renewed approach of the September highs is typical of a stock that is about to break higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV