Cree, Inc. (Nasdaq: CREE) announces commercial availability of XLamp ® XB-D color LEDs and XLamp XM-L multi-color LEDs. The high performance color LEDs provide lighting manufacturers with discrete and multi-color LED options to more cost-effectively address a wider spectrum of applications such as architectural, vehicle and display lighting.
Cree ® XLamp XB-D color LEDs extend the double lumens-per-dollar performance of the XB package to color LEDs, delivering up to 40 percent higher maximum light output than XP-E color LEDs. The combination of performance and the small size of XB-D color LEDs enable better color mixing and lower system cost through fewer LEDs. Now available in color as well as existing white color temperatures ranging from 2700K to 6200K, customers can support a full range of color in the single XB footprint.
Cree XLamp XM-L color LEDs are the brightest and smallest multi-colored LED of its power class, delivering red, green, royal blue and white in one LED at twice the lumens-per-dollar of the MC-E color LED. The XM-L color LED is 60 percent smaller than the MC-E LED, reducing the distance between LED die, to create a small optical source for excellent optical control, efficient color mixing and simplified design.
“We are excited that Cree is offering a higher performance multi-color LED,” said Michael Johnson, vice president of engineering, The Black Tank. “The smaller and brighter XM-L color LED allows us to improve system performance and lower system cost.”XLamp XB-D color LEDs deliver up to 1416 mW for royal blue, 92 lumens for blue, 198 lumens for green, 210 lumens for red and 261 lumens for red-orange, all at 1A in the 2.45mm x 2.45mm footprint. XLamp XM-L color LEDs deliver up to 89 lumens for royal blue, 214 lumens for green, 229 lumens for red and 272 lumens for white at 1A in the 5mm x 5mm footprint.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV