Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA) today issued survey results that show the Internet of Things (IoT) is no longer a concept, but a reality that is improving the operations of global enterprises. Companies across multiple industries are already using Internet of Things technologies to track and manage physical assets, improve the customer experience, enhance supply chain visibility and more.
The global commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting “Building Value from Visibility: 2012 Enterprise Internet of Things Adoption Outlook” showed the following results:
- There is a positive perception of the term Internet of Things, and 85 percent of respondents agree with the provided definition of IoT.
Momentum appears strong, as 15 percent of surveyed organizations
across the globe already have an Internet of Things solution in place,
53 percent plan to implement one within the next 24 months, and
another 14 percent in the next two to five years.
- In looking at adoption by industry, 21 percent of transportation and logistics respondents noted they already have Internet of Things solutions in place. Only three percent of healthcare organizations have them in place.
- Around the globe, the majority of IT decision-makers are turning to Internet of Things solutions to provide more visibility in the supply chain and improve customer interactions.
“Organizations are struggling to do more with less, to be more productive. They actively seek not only smarter ways to track and manage assets, but also insights that can drive new, breakthrough ideas for their organization,” said Anders Gustafsson, CEO, Zebra Technologies. “At Zebra, we believe every organization has an opportunity to use IoT technologies to illuminate operational events occurring throughout their value chain so they can act upon them to make smarter decisions and inspire innovation.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV