On Monday, American announced September financial results. For the sixth month in a row, it led the industry in unit revenue gains. If Horton is going to be blamed not only for all the bad things that happened on his watch but also for all the bad things that happened years before his watch, then he ought to also be credited for the continuing financial improvement.
Still, it's hard to think he will be able to avoid Siegel's eventual fate or to prevent the merger with US Airways that he has tried so hard to stave off.
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV