The NETGEAR ProSafe Next-Gen Edge M5300 series enables successful 10-Gigabit Ethernet deployments with advanced features such as integrated security, high availability, delivery optimization, enhanced manageability and support for new applications:
- 10-Gigabit virtual chassis hardware stacking technology and 10-Gigabit distributed link aggregation scale both the entire network's performance and its redundancy.
- NETGEAR ProSafe Next-Gen Edge M5300 switches working with servers benefit from greater bandwidth capacity with active-active teaming (link aggregation control protocol [LCAP]) and load balancing.
- Redundancy is assured by distributing multiple connections across the stack, which acts as a single logical switch that is transparent to the server and aggregation switch.
- Thanks to virtual chassis stacking, IT administrators can easily add more ports to the switch fabric, simplifying management and increasing network resiliency.
"NETGEAR's new line of fully managed switches are ideal for growing organizations with evolving networking requirements," said Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst with Infonetics Research. "With a long list of standard features, including PoE+ and 10GbaseT, and the ability to upgrade to layer 3, these switches allow organizations to adapt as their requirements become more complex."
"The NETGEAR ProSafe Next-Gen Edge M5300 Gigabit series is the ideal access layer for campus and enterprise networks with 10-Gigabit Ethernet backbone requirements. The switches deliver pure line-rate performance for virtualization or convergence, without the exorbitant acquisition and maintenance costs of solutions offered by legacy big IT networking vendors. The NETGEAR ProSafe Next-Gen Edge M5300 series combines the latest advances in hardware and software engineering for higher availability, stronger security, better scalability, better usability and greater energy efficiency," said Laurent Masia, product line manager for managed infrastructure, NETGEAR commercial business unit.
Pricing and AvailabilityThe NETGEAR ProSafe Next-Gen Edge M5300 series will be available from authorized NETGEAR channel partners worldwide:
- M5300-28G, 24 ports Gigabit, Layer 2+ software package, GSM7228S-100NAS: USD $2,270
- M5300-52G, 48 ports Gigabit, Layer 2+ software package, GSM7252S-100NAS: USD $3,650
- M5300-52G, Layer 3 license upgrade for M5300-28G, GSM7228L-10000S: USD $660
- M5300-52G, Layer 3 license upgrade for M5300-52G, GSM7252L-10000S: USD $1,250
- M5300-28GF3, 24 ports Gigabit Fiber, Layer 3 software package, GSM7328FS-200NAS: USD $2,930
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV