Oculus Innovative Sciences Announces Results From Study Of Microcyn(R) Technology-Based Atrapro(TM) Antipruritic Hydrogel Used In Combination With Neosalus(R) Cream In Treatment Of Atopic Dermatitis
PETALUMA, Calif., Oct. 9, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCLS), today announced results of a multicenter, prospective and open-label pilot study in which Microcyn® Technology-based Atrapro™ Antipruritic Hydrogel was evaluated in combination with Neosalus® Cream in the treatment of atopic dermatitis. The two products are frequently marketed as a comprehensive treatment regimen for skin dermatoses including atopic dermatitis.
Oculus licensed the Microcyn Technology-based products for treatment of atopic dermatitis in the United States to Quinnova Pharmaceuticals in February 2011. The lead product, branded as Atrapro™ Antipruritic Hydrogel, was introduced to U.S. dermatologists in February 2012. The Neosalus Cream was commercialized by Quinnova in 2010.
The primary objective of the study, presented in a poster by authors Joseph F. Fowler, Jr, MD, Miriam S. Bettencourt, MD, and Stephen M. Schleicher, MD, at the 2012 Fall Dermatology Conference in Las Vegas this past week, was to evaluate efficacy in providing symptomatic relief among atopic dermatitis patients treated with these two products. A secondary objective evaluated whether the order of product application affected the clinical outcome. Eighteen patients completed the study.The following assessments were used to evaluate efficacy and symptomatic relief associated with the use of the two products:
- Change in body surface area (BSA) and target lesion area affected with atopic dermatitis from baseline to week 2 and week 4.
- Change in several investigator assessments (ISGA) of the symptoms of atopic dermatitis, measured from baseline to week 2 and week 4.
- Improvement of scores in the patients' evaluation of signs and symptoms of atopic dermatitis; including burning, dryness, pain, itch, and redness.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts