- Extends Leadership With Powerful Scan-To-CAD and Inspection Solutions
- Expands Channel Reach Globally with Strategic Korean Foothold
ROCK HILL, S.C., Oct. 9, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it acquired Rapidform, a leading global provider of 3D scan-to-CAD and inspection software tools, located in Seoul, South Korea for $35 million in cash, subject to final closing adjustments.
Rapidform's reverse engineering and inspection software empower product developers to deliver improved product quality and shorter time-to-market. By combining scan data processing, mesh optimization, auto surfacing and CAD modeling in a single, integrated tool, Rapidform has unlocked the power of 3D digitization for engineers and manufacturing professionals worldwide.
3D Systems expects Rapidform to contribute $15 million of revenue and deliver between $0.06 and $0.09 in earnings per share to its 2013 non-GAAP results."This is a game-changer for our customers and shareholders, and is well-aligned with our strategic plan," said Abe Reichental, President and CEO of 3D Systems. "We are thrilled to welcome Calvin Hur and his team to our company and we expect that the integration of the Rapidform proprietary products with 3D Systems' extensive portfolio will result in accelerated growth within the rapidly expanding 3D content-to-print space." "I am very pleased and honored to become part of 3D Systems, a world class leader and innovator," said Calvin Hur, CEO of Rapidform. "Joining 3D Systems provides us with the scale, resources and strategic platform to realize our vision of democratizing the scan-to-CAD workflow for the benefit of designers and engineers." With the addition of Rapidform, 3D Systems has secured a cornerstone of its fifth growth initiative: to create a seamless, digital scan, design and print platform for the benefit of its customers. This important growth initiative is consistent with the company's overall drive to democratize and deliver integrated 3D content-to-print solutions. Rapidform broadens 3D Systems' range of capabilities with complementary products and technology, and extends its coverage and breadth globally with a significant foothold in South Korea and Japan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV