A second example of the value FBAR filters offer is provided by the circumstances around the use of Band 13 in the US. This spectrum, used by Verizon for LTE service, is only 2 MHz away from a new Public Safety Radio (PSR) band that is starting to be used by police, fire and other emergency response agencies. To avoid interfering with PSR operation, the LTE standard can require handsets operating on Band 13 to back off on transmitted power by as much as 12 dB – down to 4% of the signal strength they might otherwise transmit. Such a back off has a major impact on network efficiency, reducing the number of customers that can be served, as well as on the quality of service, greatly decreasing data throughput or even resulting in dropped calls. By combining a temperature compensated, extremely fast roll-off FBAR duplexer with a highly linear power amplifier in the well controlled environment of an integrated Front End Module (FEM), Avago has created a product capable of allowing B13 handsets to operate at full power without interfering with PSR operation. The performance of the FBAR duplexer is a critical enabler for this product.
Many more examples can be found worldwide. FBAR filters can bring better performance to smart phones in the US, in the 700 MHz bands and the AWS spectrum as well as at higher frequencies. Phones operating on any of the main European LTE deployment bands can benefit. The same can be said for phones for new Asian TD-LTE bands as well as FDD bands. Even supporting radio systems like GPS and WiFi are improved. As new filtering challenges emerge, FBAR is increasingly being selected to provide the answer.
U.S. Pricing and Availability
A wide variety of FBAR-based devices are available now. Contact your local Avago sales representative or distributor for product pricing or for help in selecting the correct product for your application.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV