Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that its president and CEO, Jim Whitehurst, will be speaking at TEDx Raleigh on October 13, 2012. TEDx Raleigh, the local affiliate of the globally acclaimed TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) speaker series, will feature inspired sessions from innovators across North Carolina at a day-long event. The theme of this year’s event is alchemy and the elements, processes, and reactions with which ideas are turned into reality. The event offers the chance to connect with thought leaders across a spectrum of disciplines and industries. Whitehurst is set to discuss the Economics of the Information Revolution.
While computers and computing have been around for nearly 60 years – a series of recent innovations are coming together to allow for an explosion in how knowledge is created, analyzed, stored and communicated. In his address, Whitehurst will describe how these advances have implications far beyond IT and will fundamentally lead to changes not seen since the Industrial Revolution. Whitehurst will explore how these shifts will impact businesses, management structures, the workforce as well as wealth creation.
|WHAT:|| Red Hat president and CEO Jim Whitehurst to discuss the
Economics of the Information Revolution
|WHERE:|| TEDx RaleighThe Lincoln Theatre
126 E. Cabarrus St.Raleigh, North Carolina
|WHEN:||Saturday, October 13, 2012, 9:45 a.m. ET|
Connect with Red Hat
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV