Research by QlikTech (NASDAQ: QLIK), a leader in Business Discovery - user-driven Business Intelligence, has found that Risk Managers within capital markets firms are not being provided with information in a timely enough fashion to make business decisions in line with market changes. The study, conducted for QlikTech by Lepus, shows only (5%) of risk managers are provided with information needed to do their jobs in real-time, while 38% said it takes more than four hours to get the latest data after the markets have changed.
The research, which surveyed Risk Managers within capital markets firms, shows that decisions within the industry are being made based on information that, although just received, is already out of date. In fact, 31% of those questioned said they were relying on information only updated on a monthly basis to make important decisions around risk management.
The research also reveals that, when eventually presented with data, a large percentage of it (42%) is still presented in a static spreadsheet format, with over a third (34%) unable to drill further down into the information to get detailed insights. Furthermore, 14% admitted that the data held by Front Office Personnel and Risk Managers is still not consistent with each other.
Mike Saliter, Senior Director Global Market Development - Financial Services, at QlikTech said: “It’s imperative for Risk Managers in the Financial Services industry to have access to up-to-date, accurate information on which to base trading decisions. Traders need the agility to be able to change their minds frequently about what information they need to see as they react to changes in the market. They need to combine information from the markets with information on their own positions in order to make the best decisions. Firms that are able to deliver this quality of information to their traders and risk managers will have a competitive edge.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV