Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that officials from the Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, National Reconnaissance Office, National Security Agency and United States Patent and Trademark Office, as well as speakers from GitHub and Red Hat, are scheduled to deliver keynote addresses at the annual Red Hat Government Symposium. The event will be held on Oct. 23, 2012 at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.
The one-day event will bring together more than 350 government IT and business professionals to discuss how the freedom of open source can play a pivotal role in meeting the government’s mission-critical IT demands. Red Hat’s Public Sector general manager and vice president, Paul Smith, will welcome attendees to the Symposium.
Keynote speakers scheduled for the Red Hat Government Symposium include:
- John Britton, Education Liaison, GitHub
- Dr. Peter Levin, CTO, Department of Veterans Affairs
- John Marshall, CTO, U.S. Joint Forces Command, Department of Defense
- Dawn Meyerriecks, Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Acquisition, Technology, and Facilities, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- John Owens, CIO, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Dan Risacher, Associate Director for Information Enterprise Strategy & Policy, Office of the CIO, Department of Defense
- Jill Singer, CIO, National Reconnaissance Office
- Michael Tiemann, Vice President, Open Source Affairs, Red Hat
- Neal Ziring, Technical Director, Information Assurance Directorate (IAD), NSA
In addition to the keynote addresses, the agenda features panel discussions on topics ranging from open, hybrid cloud and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), to Linux as a platform for government innovation; virtualization; open, elastic storage; digital government strategy; and security. Hands-on, technical labs will cover Red Hat Storage, JBoss Enterprise Middleware and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV