SAN DIEGO, Oct. 9, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Royale Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq:ROYL) today notes new operational details concerning Great Bear's plans to accelerate testing and production on its North Slope acreage adjoining Royale.
As reported in last week's Petroleum News, Great Bear's request seeks to modify its plans by extending the 15 day test period to 180 days with up to 7 truckloads (1,000 barrels) of oil per day. In addition, Great Bear has requested permission to drill an additional well (Alcor No. 2) on the same location as the Alcor No. 1, enabling them to set larger casing to a deeper depth to target the Shublik formation.
Additional details can be found in the Petroleum News story, reprinted with permission:Great Bear applies to extend testing: Change from 15 to 180 days could cover as much as 1,000 bpd of production, company tells state; also applies for another Alcor well by Kristen Nelson Great Bear has applied to the Alaska Department of Natural Resources, Division of Oil and Gas, to amend its plan of operations to extend a proposed production flow test from 15 days to up to 180 days and to drill an additional well at the Alcor pad. The company is working on a North Slope oil shale prospect, with early wells close to the James Dalton Highway, the "Haul Road," south of the Kuparuk River and Prudhoe Bay units. Ed Duncan, Great Bear's president and CEO, told the Alaska Oil and Gas Congress Sept. 19 that the company's change of plan could accelerate the shale oil development program (see story in Sept. 23 issue of Petroleum News). Great Bear's existing approvals allow for 15 days of flow days, but the company told the division in a plan amendment dated Sept. 10 that after further review and analysis of testing in analogous plays in the Lower 48, it has concluded that the first 15 days of a production test would likely consist mostly of water used for hydraulic fracturing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV