Mr. Lumley continued, “We remain committed to a strong balance sheet, including our long-term objective of achieving a total leverage ratio between 2.5 and 3.5 times. HHI’s strong operating margins and relatively low capital intensity are expected to generate significant free cash flow, helping us to repay debt and return to our current leverage ratio in approximately two years. We are also reaffirming plans to initiate a regular quarterly dividend of $0.25 per share in fiscal 2013, and will evaluate increasing the dividend in future years based on free cash flow growth.”
On a combined basis for the 12 months ended July 1, 2012, HHI would have accounted for 23 percent of Spectrum Brands’ total revenues and 28 percent of adjusted EBITDA.i On the same basis for Spectrum Brands’ three current segments, Global Batteries & Appliances would have accounted for 53 percent of revenues and 46 percent of adjusted EBITDA; Home & Garden would have accounted for 9 percent of revenues and 13 percent of adjusted EBITDA; and Pet Supplies would have accounted for 14 percent of revenues and 16 percent of adjusted EBITDA, in each case, excluding corporate/unallocated items from segment EBITDA.
Following the closing of the transaction, HHI will operate as a separate unit within Spectrum Brands and be managed by Greg Gluchowski, current President of the HHI Group at Stanley Black & Decker. He will report to Spectrum Brands CEO David Lumley and will continue to oversee a highly experienced HHI management team with a proven track record of innovation, operational excellence and profitable growth.
Mr. Lumley said, “We welcome Greg and his outstanding team from HHI. He is a proven leader, with a strong record of driving profitable growth and product innovation and development. We look forward to Greg and his team playing strong roles in the continued growth and success of Spectrum Brands.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV