If the biotech market was flat or down, traders wouldn't likely be hyping relatively insignificant catalysts like FDA drug review acceptance letters. But biotech stocks are soaring so paying attention to these new trading opportunities is important if you want to stay ahead of the bull market.
It is worth noting the more traditional FDA trading catalysts for both companies. The FDA drug approval decision for AP Pharma's APF530 will be March 28, 2013, assuming the filing is accepted for a six-month review. For Delcath's ChemoSat, the FDA drug approval decision will be either Feb. 15, 2013 (assuming priority, six-month review) or June 15, 2013 (assuming a standard review.)
Messier has no position in AP Pharma or Delcath.
Subscribe to Messier's biotech stock-trading service BioRunUp.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV