T-Solar Consolidates Its International Expansion With New Photovoltaic Projects In The United States And Puerto Rico
MADRID, October 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Two new projects will contribute 100 GWh a year to the electricity grid upon coming online in 2H 2013
- The T-Solar Group manages 283 MW under operation and construction in Spain, Italy, India, Peru, the USA and Puerto Rico
- The company has a further 400 MW under development
The T-Solar Group, one of the major independent power producers in the solar photovoltaic electricity generation market is continuing its international expansion with the development of 55 MW of contracted projects in the United States and Puerto Rico.
The new US project is located in El Centro, California, and is expected to generate 52 GWh annually upon completion. The Puerto Rico plant is located in the municipality of San Germán and will generate 48 GWh.
Total investment in the two photovoltaic projects is expected to be $160 million.And another 44 MW under operation in Peru As part of its international growth and expansion plan, T-Solar is scheduled to shortly bring online two photovoltaic plants currently under construction in Peru. In 2010, the Government of Peru awarded T-Solar a 20-year contract to supply photovoltaic solar power produced in the Arequipa region. These plants, which will add a total of 44 MW to the system, will be the first large-scale photovoltaic solar projects in Latin America. While constructing 12.3 MW in India T-Solar is continuing expansion in India, where the company currently operates a 5 MW photovoltaic power plant in the state of Rajasthan and expects to interconnect a 12.3 MW plant in Gujarat by the end of the year. About T-Solar
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts