Genzyme, a Sanofi company (EURONEXT: SAN and NYSE: SNY), announced today new data from Genzyme’s clinical development programs for AUBAGIO ® (teriflunomide) and LEMTRADA TM (alemtuzumab) will be presented at the 28 th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) in Lyon, France, October 10-13.
“The data to be presented at ECTRIMS are a reflection not only of the comprehensive clinical development programs supporting AUBAGIO and LEMTRADA, but of the unique commitment and substantial progress Genzyme has made to date in bringing forward differentiated therapies in multiple sclerosis,” said Genzyme CEO and President, David Meeker.
Once-daily, oral AUBAGIO is now commercially available in the U.S. following FDA approval in patients with relapsing forms of MS. Marketing applications for AUBAGIO and LEMTRADA are currently under review by the EMA and other regulatory authorities.
Key data from across the company’s clinical development programs to be presented are as follows. Abstracts are available on the ECTRIMS website.TOWER ( Teriflunomide Oral in people With relapsing multipl E scle Rosis) TOWER is a randomized Phase III trial assessing once-daily oral AUBAGIO (teriflunomide) in patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis. It is the second Phase III study for AUBAGIO.
- The efficacy and safety of teriflunomide in patients with relapsing MS: results from TOWER, a phase III, placebo-controlled study (Parallel Session 12 – 153; October 12; 3:10 p.m. CEST, 9:10 a.m. EDT).
- Efficacy of alemtuzumab in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis patients who relapsed on prior therapy: subgroup analyses by previous DMT use (Poster Session 1 – P483; October 11; 3:30 p.m. CEST, 9:30 a.m. EDT).
- Disability improvement with alemtuzumab vs. interferon beta-1a in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis patients who relapsed on prior therapy (Poster Session 2 – P922; October 12; 3:30 p.m. CEST, 9:30 a.m. EDT).
- Effect of alemtuzumab vs. Rebif® on brain MRI measurements: Results of CARE-MS II (Poster Session 2 – P877; October 12; 3:30 p.m. CEST, 9:30 a.m. EDT).
- Safety of alemtuzumab in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis patients who relapsed on prior therapy (Poster Session 1 – P545; October 11; 3:30 p.m. CEST, 9:30 a.m. EDT).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts