Diamond Resorts International® Closes Acquisition Of Aegean Blue
DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL®, a global leader in the hospitality and vacation ownership industries, today announced that it has closed, through its subsidiary Diamond Resorts AB Acquisition Company, Ltd, the acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding shares of Aegean Blue Holdings Plc. This transaction adds five resorts located on the Greek islands of Rhodes and Crete, as well as approximately 7,400 owners to Diamond Resorts International®.
“Our growth strategy is clear as the expansion of the Diamond portfolio remains a high priority in effort to provide more destination choices to our owners, members and guests,” said Stephen J. Cloobeck, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Diamond Resorts International®. “We are pleased to finalize this acquisition and bring these resorts into our portfolio. We look forward to integrating the current Aegean Blue owners into the broader Diamond Resorts International® network, offering opportunities to vacation at our more than 220 resorts in 28 countries around the world. In addition, we look forward to an expanded relationship with Guggenheim Partners.” Financing for the acquisition of Aegean Blue Holdings Plc was provided by Guggenheim Partners.
Aegean Blue has resorts in the following locations:
- Village Heights Golf Resort, Hersonissos, Crete, Greece
- Sun Beach Holiday Club, Ialyssos, Rhodes, Greece
- Leoniki Residence, Rethymnon, Crete, Greece
- Grand Leoniki, Rethymnon, Crete, Greece
- The Village Holiday Club, Koutouloufari, Crete, Greece
Diamond Resorts International®, with global headquarters in Las Vegas, Nevada, is one of the largest hospitality companies in the world with more than 220 branded and affiliated resorts and over 27,000 guest beds in 28 countries with destinations throughout the continental United States and Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America, Central America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa. Offering simplicity, choice and comfort to more than 497,000 owners and members through the branded hospitality service of approximately 5,000 team members worldwide, Diamond Resorts International® is dedicated to providing its guests with effortless and relaxing vacation experiences every time, for a lifetime.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV