Its platform helps corporate clients secure their network while safely enabling them to manage the increasingly complex and rapidly growing number of applications running on their networks.
What's more, with the company's market share registering at only 10%, it is the one with the pressure to grow. What steps will it take to increase its market share absent significantly reducing cost and possibly hurting its margins?
As noted earlier, my concern is Palo Alto is a relatively young company that is experiencing an impressive spurt of growth. But can it be sustained to the extent that it deserves a forward P/E of close to 150? Will it be able to deliver the level of free cash flow growth that will keep investors interested over the next few years?As great of a quarter as this was, I worry that Cisco and other players including F5 (FFIV) and Juniper (JNPR) will make certain that it is no cakewalk for Palo Alto. In response, its challenge will be to beat expectations while also raising outlook if it wants to continue its momentum in the stock. Because as expensive as valuation appears currently, I don't see how else shares can rise absent these scenarios. At the time of publication, the author held no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @rsaintvilus This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV