Equity One, Inc. (NYSE:EQY), an owner, developer, and operator of shopping centers, announced today that it has acquired, or is under contract to acquire, four properties for a total investment of $260 million. Three of the assets are located in the New York Metropolitan Region and one is located in Bethesda, Maryland.
The company entered into a contract to acquire Westwood Complex, a 22-acre property located in Bethesda, Maryland with significant retail opportunities for redevelopment and expansion. The site consists of 214,767 square feet of retail space, a 211,020 square foot apartment building, and a 62-unit assisted living facility. The property is situated in a dense, highly affluent market with 142,000 people living within 3-miles with an average household income of $163,000. The transaction is initially structured as a $95 million mortgage loan which has been funded. The transaction will be completed with an outright purchase of the property for $140 million with an anticipated closing prior to January 2014.
The main retail center, within the Westwood Complex, has been anchored by a high volume Giant Food since the center opened in 1959. The Giant lease expires in 2019 with no term remaining. The apartment building is leased to a division of Montgomery County, MD and is subject to a purchase right in 2017 which is expected to be exercised. The assisted living facility is leased to Manor Care Health Services through 2015 with no term remaining.
The company acquired Clocktower Plaza, a 78,820 square foot shopping center located in Queens, NY, for $56 million. It is anchored by a high volume Pathmark grocery store and is 100% leased. The property is situated on seven acres of land with excess parking which is expected to provide development and expansion opportunities in the future.The company also closed on the purchase of two previously announced acquisitions, Darinor Plaza and 1225 Second Avenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV