How One Woman Broke Into the Auto-Supply Industry
He still felt that I needed to prove that I knew what I was talking about and it took a while. Today he is a very good friend and one of my very good franchisees and he does not deny he did not give me the time of day.
What advice would you give to career-oriented women?
Moran: Many women in executive positions that are single and have children ... If you don't have family to help support you, you need to really build a network around you with friends and don't be afraid to ask for help. That was my biggest problem. I had such trouble asking for help
What's the best piece of advice you received for your role as executive in this industry?Moran: When I went to work for the government for the state of Illinois
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV