Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group L.P. (NASDAQ: CG) today released preliminary performance metrics for its carry funds 1 during the third quarter of 2012.
The Carlyle Group preliminary carry fund valuations increased 3% during the third quarter of 2012. Over the past twelve months, our carry portfolio increased 18%. In comparison, the MSCI All Country World Index 2 (ACWI) increased 6% during the quarter ending September 30, 2012 and has risen 18% over the past 12 months.
|The Carlyle Group Carry Fund Valuations||3Q 2012||YTD 2012||LTM|
|Overall Carry Fund Appreciation||3%||11%||18%|
|Corporate Private Equity||5%||12%||20%|
|Global Market Strategies||2%||17%||23%|
Note: Appreciation / (Depreciation) represents unrealized gain / (losses) for the period on a total return basis before fees and expenses. The percentage of return is calculated as: ending remaining investment fair market value plus net investment outflow (sales proceeds minus net purchases) minus beginning remaining investment fair market value divided by beginning remaining investment fair market value. Fund only, does not include co-investment. The Global Market Strategies segment includes carry funds only and does not include structured credit funds and hedge funds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV