Spartan Stores, Inc., (Nasdaq:SPTN) a leading regional grocery distributor and retailer, announced today the ratification of a three-year labor agreement with the warehouse, transportation and maintenance bargaining unit associates at its Grand Rapids distribution center. The local bargaining unit associates were previously working under an approved one-year contract extension of a five-year labor agreement which expired in October 2011.
“We are very pleased to have ratified the labor agreement with our warehouse and transportation associates,” stated Dennis Eidson, Spartan’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “This demonstrates our consistent focus on strong labor relations to provide associates with quality compensation and benefit packages.”
About Spartan Stores
Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Spartan Stores, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPTN) is the nation's tenth largest grocery distributor with 1.4 million square feet of warehouse, distribution, and office space located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Company distributes more than 40,000 private and national brand products to approximately 375 independent grocery locations in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio, and to 97 corporate owned stores located in Michigan, including Family Fare Supermarkets, Glen's Markets, D&W Fresh Markets, VG's Food and Pharmacy, and Valu Land.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV