The Company reported first quarter EBITDA of $6.6 million, or $0.19 per share, compared to $5.8 million, or $0.23 per share, a year ago. Adjusted EBITDA, computed with the adjustments to GAAP reporting set forth in the attached reconciliation table, was $13.2 million, or $0.38 per share, in the first quarter compared to $6.8 million, or $0.27 per share, a year ago.
"We achieved our sales guidance and delivered solid operating results especially in the area of cost management," said Joseph DeVivo, President and CEO of AngioDynamics. "With the successful ongoing integration of Navilyst and AngioDynamics, the recent U.S. FDA 510(k) clearance of our first BioFlo product and other planned initiatives, we are well positioned to achieve our growth objectives for this fiscal year and beyond."
At August 31, 2012, cash, escrow receivable and investments were $33.0 million, and long-term debt was $149.6 million.
Highlights of the reporting and subsequent period include:
- The Company received U.S. Food and Drug Administration 510(K) clearance for BioFlo peripherally inserted catheters (PICCs) with Endexo technology. Designed to reduce the accumulation of catheter-related thrombus on, and in the catheter, these are the first vascular access products from AngioDynamics to offer BioFlo technology in the U.S. market.
- Total Oncology/Surgery pro forma sales growth of 15% excluding LCBeads, driven by NanoKnife System sales of $3 million, a 31% increase over last year's first quarter, and thermal ablation sales growth of 14% compared with the year ago period, driven by strong international sales of Microwave ablation products.
- International pro forma sales growth of 18% on a constant currency basis led by strong sales in Canada reflecting the establishment of a direct sales operation, being awarded a major GPO contract and initial sales of BioFlo PICCs, in addition to the sale of Microwave ablation products.
- HealthTrust Purchasing Group (HealthTrust), a group purchasing organization representing more than 1,400 not-for-profit and for-profit acute care facilities, as well as 10,600 ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices and alternate care sites, awarded the Company a contract covering chronic and acute dialysis catheters. The contract became effective Oct. 1, 2012, and is the first vascular access contract for AngioDynamics with HealthTrust.
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York entered partial judgment on the Company's legal case against biolitec, awarding AngioDynamics $16.5 million in damages.
- AngioDynamics has strengthened its senior leadership team with the addition of two proven and experienced medical device executives. Louis J. Mazzarese has joined the Company as Senior Vice President and Chief Regulatory Officer and John Soto has been named Senior Vice President, Global Franchise, Peripheral Vascular, both reporting to Joseph DeVivo, President and CEO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV