- Net sales of $83.4 million
- GAAP net loss of $0.02 per share; Adjusted (Non-GAAP) net income of $0.10 per share, a YOY 25% increase
- Integration of Navilyst Medical yielding significant cost savings
- Vortex Medical acquisition to strengthen peripheral vascular portfolio
ALBANY, N.Y., Oct. 8, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AngioDynamics (Nasdaq:ANGO), a leading provider of innovative, minimally invasive medical devices for vascular access, surgery, peripheral vascular disease and oncology, today reported financial results for the fiscal 2013 first quarter ended August 31, 2012. Financial results include Navilyst Medical in the fiscal 2013 first quarter.
Net sales for the first quarter were $83.4 million, a 53% increase over the $54.4 million reported a year ago. Compared to prior year first quarter pro forma net sales, which include Navilyst Medical and exclude LC Beads sales, total Company net sales decreased 1%; U.S. net sales decreased 4%; international net sales increased 16% (18% on a constant currency basis); Vascular net sales decreased 2%; and Oncology/Surgery net sales increased 15%. Net sales by product line are presented on a pro forma basis in a table at the end of this press release.
The Company reported a first quarter net loss of $721,000, or $0.02 per share, compared to net income of $1.4 million, or $0.05 per share, a year ago. First quarter results include costs relating to the Navilyst Medical acquisition, the subsequent restructuring of the Company and the Quality Call to Action Program. Excluding the aforementioned costs, which are set forth in the attached reconciliation table, adjusted (Non-GAAP) net income was $3.6 million, or $0.10 per share, compared to $2.0 million, or $0.08 per share, a year ago. Diluted average shares outstanding increased to 34.7 million in the first quarter from 25.2 million in the prior year period due to the additional shares issued in conjunction with the Navilyst Medical acquisition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV