Cliffs Natural Resources
Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) is an iron ore producer and a producer of metallurgical coal. This stock is trading up 5.6% at $40.53 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 4.85 millionAverage Volume: 6.7 million Volume % Change: 50% From a technical perspective, CLF is bouncing higher here right around some near-term support at $37.50 with decent volume. This move has also started to push CLF back above its 50-day moving average of $40.26, and it's pushed the stock above some near-term overhead resistance at $40.35. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CLF as long as it's trending above its 50-day with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 6,679,460 shares. If CLF can maintain its trend above its 50-day, and especially above $40.35, then this stock will setup to re-test and possibly take out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $43.44 to $46.83. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV