Marathon Petroleum (MPC) is a petroleum product refiners, transporters and marketers in the U.S. This stock is trading up 5.2% at $57.74 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 6.1 millionAverage Volume: 3 million Volume % Change: 246% Shares of MPC are ripping higher today after the company agreed to buy BP PLC's Texas City refinery and infrastructure assets. >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, MPC is moving up here with above-average volume, and it's started to push into breakout territory since it's taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $56.22. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MPC as long as it's trending above that breakout level of $56.48 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 3 million shares as bullish. If MPC can maintain that trend, then this stock has a great chance of trading north of $60 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV