PetSmart (PETM) is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. This stock is trading up 2.4% at $70.06 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.2 millionAverage Volume: 1.21 million Volume % Change: 61% >>3 Hot Stocks to Trade (or Not) From a technical perspective, PETM is ripping here back above its 50-day moving average of $69.15 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing PETM within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once PETM manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance at $72.75 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in PETM as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $69.15, and then once it sustains a move or close above $72.75 with volume that's near or above 1.21 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then PETM will push into new 52-week high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Traders can target a run above $75 if PETM breaks out soon with volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV