CarMax (KMX), through its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer of used vehicles in the U.S. This stock is trading up 9% at $31.86 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 6.04 millionAverage Volume: 1.81 million Volume % Change: 486% Shares of KMX are soaring today after ITG Research said its retail revenue growth is tracking up 16.7% year-over-year vs. 13.3% and that same-store used unit retail sales are likely ahead of Street estimates. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy in October From a technical perspective, KMX bounced right off its 50-day and 200-day moving averages with monster volume. This move is quickly pushing KMX within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once KMX manages to clear some near-term overhead resistance at $33.38 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once KMX sustains a move or close above $33.38 with volume that hits near or above 1.81 million shares. If we get that action soon, then look for KMX to re-test and possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $35.17 to $37.02.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV