Thank goodness we have progressive minds like Jonny Ive and Tim Cook making the decisions and not cave dwellers like Doug Kass. iPhone 5 and iPad mini are evidence that Apple is flourishing in the aftermath of the Steve Jobs era. Apple is churching out space age technology while NASA sits dumbfounded.
If you want to criticize leadership, look at NASA, Dell (DELL), Research In Motion (RIMM) and the copy-cat group of South Koreans known as Samsung. Doug Kass probably didn't like the MacBook Air either. Does he still use one of the Dell laptop bricks that were popular ten years ago? Sometimes the media surprises me with their incompetence and complete stupidity.
Tim Cook is taking Apple to heights that Steve Jobs may never have reached. The iPad mini is the evidence.
At the time of publication the author had a position in AAPL.This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV