Following the success of the Apple II, Apple failed with the Apple III, which nearly was a disaster the company did not recover from.
In 1984, that all changed when Jobs unveiled the Mac to the world in a Super Bowl commercial unlike anything the world had ever seen.The Mac took the personal computing revolution to a level the Apple II never did. Known for its distinctive beige design, the computer came with a monitor, keyboard and a mouse, and is remembered for its exceptional graphical user interface (GUI). Originally named the Apple Macintosh, once sales of the device were so strong that it would be a hit, a second product came out named Mac 512K, and the original Mac was named Mac 128K. Unlike the Apple II, the Mac was not expandable and cost users $2,495.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV