"For those who know and love Hildegard, there is the very real sense that now, as saint and Doctor, she has finally come into her own. That even at a distance of nine centuries, through her faith and struggles as a woman, rich artistry, profound concern about reform and combating evil, natural remedies and unique 'green' message, she has something powerful and very relevant to say to us today. I'm confident that as audiences experience 'Hildegard of Bingen and the Living Light,' they will meet her and be blessed in exciting and unexpected ways."
"Hildegard of Bingen and the Living Light" arrives on DVD loaded with more than three hours of content, including an annotated script and supplemental notes, a two-part seminar for church or academic group discussion, and a variety of recent topical interviews with many of the world's leading Hildegard scholars, authors and experts, including:
- Prof. Beverly Kienzle, Harvard Divinity School: " Hildegard and the Bible"
- Prof. Barbara Newman, Northwestern University: " Feminine Motifs in Hildegard's Writing"
- Prof. Carmen Butcher, Shorter University: "Hildegard's Authentic Word for Today"
- Prof. Bruce Hozeski (ret.), Ball State University: " Hildegard's Visions
- Msgr. Michael Hull, Archdiocese of New York: " Hildegard's Canonization"
- Susan Hellauer, Founding member, Anonymous 4: " Hildegard and Her Music"
- Linn Maxwell and Erv Raible: " The Hildegard Project"
To watch the official movie trailer and purchase "Hildegard of Bingen and the Living Light" visit http://www.HildegardTheMovie.com .
About Linn MaxwellProducer and creator of the landmark October 2012 DVD release "Hildegard of Bingen and the Living Light ( www.hildegardthemovie.com)," Linn Maxwell has performed on the stages of major orchestras including the Chicago, Cleveland and Toronto Symphonies, and the Berlin Radio Orchestra, among others. Her operatic engagements include San Francisco ( Placido Domingo conducting), the Cincinnati Opera, Netherlands Opera (with Nicholas Harnancourt), and recital halls across the United States and in 27 countries worldwide. In addition to her extensive performances of the stage version of "Hildegard of Bingen and the Living Light," Ms. Maxwell has also performed cabaret and one-woman shows in New York City and made her European cabaret debut in 2006 at Frankfurt's International Theater. SOURCE Linn Maxwell