NEW YORK, Oct. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Every four years, Nickelodeon provides kids with the rare opportunity to have the U.S. presidential candidates answer their questions in the Nick News with Linda Ellerbee special, "Kids Pick the President: The Candidates," premiering Monday, Oct. 15, at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT). Following the special, kids have the opportunity to vote for the man they think should be the next president. The "Kids' Vote" is a bellwether poll because in five of the last six presidential elections, kids have correctly picked the winner several weeks before the adults have voted.
Nick News traveled around the country videotaping kids asking the candidates questions. This year's special features President Barack Obama who sat down with Nick News at the White House to answer kids' questions. After numerous attempts by Nick News to get former Governor Mitt Romney to participate in the special, his camp declined saying he was unable to fit it into his schedule. The special features previously taped video clips of Romney addressing some of the issues raised in the questions as well as bios of both candidates.
In the special, Obama answers questions about gun control, jobs, illegal immigration, same -sex marriage, outsourcing, bullying and obesity. He also responds to more light-hearted questions like if he'd ever had his heart broken or what was his most embarrassing moment.
On heartbreak: "That happened to me," says Obama. "I think the main thing you learn is that life goes on..."On his most embarrassing moment: "Running into the wall is par for the course for me," says the president. "I'm running into doors and desks all the time."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV